Re: the laptop proposal -- ideas, thoughts, and criticisms

http://www.fefe.de/divine/

>> the hardware detection is much larger than laptops and is being looked into
>> slowly
>
> I'm very interested in hardware detection.  Can you tell me more?  Thanks.

Several groups are working on a generic hardware detection interface -- once
finished any linux can use these to detect hardware.

Look in the proposal, Werner has data on both of these.

Also, see mandrake linux's web page for info.