RE: v1.0 Debian Laptop Proposal

	Make sure you have as much Neomagic support in as possible.   I am having a
killer time configuring X.

-----Original Message-----
From: Werner Heuser [mailto:wehe@snafu.de]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 1999 12:42 PM
To: DEBIAN-LAPTOP
Subject: v1.0 Debian Laptop Proposal

Hi,

just finished version 1.0 of the Debian Laptop Proposal. Please
let me know your thoughts about it.

Though this project isn't official Debian yet I think there is some
success for laptop owners using Debian yet:

- there are many laptop related Debian packages available already
- Debian packages are optimized for limited hard disk size (stripping)
- AFAIK Debian is the only distribution with a dedicated laptop
  mailing list
- efforts are done to provide even more packages, e.g. a "laptop"
  kernel
- there is the Debian Laptop Proposal ;-)

Therefore I think it's worth to announce the proposal at

- the linux-laptop mailing list
- comp.os.linux.portable
- FreshMeat
- etc.

Regards
-werner-
--
Werner Heuser                       | There is no time,             /~~
LiLAC - Linux with Laptop Computers | ... to make war ...          /~~~