Re: proposal - Debian laptop package/distribution

On Tuesday 31 August 1999, at 22 h 28, the keyboard of Werner Heuser
<wehe@snafu.de> wrote:

> This is a drop-in replacement for the standard "update" daemon
> that is specially tailored for notebooks to reduce
> unnecessary hard disk spin-ups.
> If we think this program is worth to be packaged. I
> can contact the developers or try to package it by myself.

I've made an UNOFFICIAL package of it:

ftp://ftp.internatif.org/pub/debian/UNOFFICIAL/

It uses Debian diversions to replace properly /sbin/update... and restore it if you choose to purge mobile-update.

I did not test a lot for power savings, concentrating on proper packaging instead.