Re: proposal - Debian laptop package/distribution

> I hope you decide to keep this discussion here. It seems very apropriate
> for this forum and I for one am interested in it.

i second this, please keep discussion on list if at all possible.

> One thing I would like to see when installing Debian on a laptop would
> be a series of setups that optimise for low power consumption such as
> increased intervals between syncs etc.

i'd like to see apm work "out of the box" too.  can anyone explain to me why
apm isn't available as a kernel module?  is it just something no one has
done yet, or is their a reason it's impossible.

adam.