Re: Suspend Mode

Steve Robbins <steve@nyongwa.montreal.qc.ca> writes:

> it ought to be a simple matter of running "hwclock --hwtosys" upon
> resume, no?  How do I set this up?

Make sure your kernel has APM support, then install the apmd package.

> The machine also has a "suspend to disk" mode,
 [..]
> Does it work with linux?

In general, yes.

> Supposing it is large enough, can I set up the machine to use the
> *swap* partition for "suspend to disk"?

This sounds like a bad idea.  You'd clobber whatever was in your swap
space, and you'd probably have to reinitialize it every time you
restored.

You'd still have to repartition anyway, to get this set up, unless
your swap partition happens to be where the old suspend partition
was.  It's unlikely that there's any way to tell the laptop where to
suspend to; it's probably just expecting to find the right partition
in the right place.