Re: thinkpad-modules

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:04:34AM -0700, Glen Mehn wrote:
> or, you could:
>
> make-kpkg modules_image
>
> from the kernel source directory (you'll need to have the kernel source
> downloaded) and you'll need the tpctl modules source installed.

I've basically done this, and I was wondering just how similar
the kernel-sources are to the stock kernel.  I copied /boot/config-2.2.19
to the kernel-source-2.2.19 directory and ran make config,
and found it asked me a gazillion more questions.  Shouldn't
it skip over the questions that have been answered by config-2.2.19
(ie, all of them)?

In a related problem, I tried to compile a third-party module/device
driver for a dlink ethernet pcmcia card.  There were elements of structs
that existed in kernel-sources but not in /usr/include (not so surprising
because /usr/include matches libc rather than kernel-sources), so I had
to -I/usr/src/kernel-sources/include/pcmcia.  The extra/missing struct
elements were tbusy, interrupt and start.  If anyone wants to give me
hints about porting the driver to a 2.4 kernel I'll be grateful.

--
bjb@achilles.net
Welcome to the GNU age!   http://www.gnu.org