Re: Which Desktop replacement.

Along the same line I'm using LATITUDE 800c, great laptop, 1400x1200,
wireless, ethernet, irda, sound, cdrw, dvd, ( acpi still not working right but sleep work ) I will get the newer version that support up the 1GB of memory. My only up to 512, but I can still run Netbeans ( memory hog ) oracle 817, mysql, postgresql, tomcat, apache-ssl, mozilla, kde2 at the same time :) not very fast but it work :)
Have fun shoping.
Alex

Rob Hensley

I recommend the Dell Inspiron 8200's. I own a 8100, and it is perfect for
what I need, and what you asked for. The only problem is...are you looking
for something small and thin with a 15" lcd? if so, then you don't want
Dell :) Dell's are known for there some what "luggable" laptops. As far as
configuration options go...just play around on Dell's website, you can
configure pretty much anything. Good luck, hope this helped!

Rob Hensley
E-mail: hensleyrob@nku.edu