Re: Desktops and Office Suites

Hi,

one thing that I really like in Afterstep is the SmartPlacement function
in the 'feel' file. It enables you to choose exactly where the top left
corner of a window should go on the screen when afterstep can not place it
within the visible area. Then you may easily resize the window from the
bottom left and right corners. This is an important point if it happens
that you can not get access to the top of your window.

The I have also set it up (in the same feel file) so that I can
ctrl-right-click on the title bar to maximize the window area on the
screen. This is a very fast way of bringing the bottom right corner of the
window into the visible area.

If I do not want the window to span the whole screen, I can then resize
it very quickly and easily.

This is great for apps which do not allow to specify their geometry on the
command line.

Olivier.