Re: ACPI and some other Stuff

From: "Mike Hommey" <mh@glandium.org>

> "Fernando Caprio Jr" <maddog@atlas.ucpel.tche.br> wrote:
>
> > I have a Compaq 1700 which uses ACPI profile. I'm using Woody, I
> > installed kernel 2.4.18 - 686 package, but it wont come with
> > EXPERIMENTAL packages I guess, because it doesent have ACPI modules. Is
> > there any package with those modules ? and.. does 2.4.18 have battery
> > status control for this notebooks ? Last time I tried to manual compile
> > a 2.4.xx kernel, only thing that started working for my notebook was the
> > "ac_adapter" detection and turn off on halt. It couldent find my battery
> > and/or find it status. Anyone with a similar configuration ?
>
> Did you compile your kernel with intel's latest ACPI patch ? If not, just
> get it from

http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/acpi-20020404-2.4.
18.diff.gz
> you will have a full ACPI support.

That's not actually Intel's patch (though the prime developers are at
Intel), and it's not the latest.  The latest patch is available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi/.  Apparently it's not up on the
developer.intel.com site because Intel is making its own developers pay to
use that site now!  In any case, the developer.intel.com has always lagged
behind the sourceforge site, because the developers don't have to jump
through any hoops to get the patches up on sourceforge.
--
derek