Re: ACPI and some other Stuff

Hi Fernando

On 15 May 2002 23:00:36 -0300
"Fernando Caprio Jr" <maddog@atlas.ucpel.tche.br> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> 	I have a Compaq 1700 which uses ACPI profile. I'm using Woody, I
> installed kernel 2.4.18 - 686 package, but it wont come with
> EXPERIMENTAL packages I guess, because it doesent have ACPI modules. Is
> there any package with those modules ? and.. does 2.4.18 have battery
> status control for this notebooks ? Last time I tried to manual compile
> a 2.4.xx kernel, only thing that started working for my notebook was the
> "ac_adapter" detection and turn off on halt. It couldent find my battery
> and/or find it status. Anyone with a similar configuration ?

Did you compile your kernel with intel's latest ACPI patch ? If not, just
get it from
http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/acpi-20020404-2.4.18.diff.gz
you will have a full ACPI support.

> 	Something else I would like to ask is: Is there any tool / program
> 	/
> module that could make linux hibernate ? For notebooks stuff like that
> would come really in handy.

AFAIK, there's no stuff to make linux hibernate. You can make your laptop
go to a sleep state, but it will probably freeze before reaching it
because it won't have all peripherals prepared to hibernate.

--
Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org>
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you