Re: pcmcia-cs upgrade on laptop

Hi,

I had the same problem several months ago.

I choosed to compile pcmcia-cs and pcmcia-modules (which if I remember
well is not part of Woody anymore, you should just need pcmcia-cs) from
testing, adding a testing/sources line in my sources.list like the
following:

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib

then you just need to do

apt-get update
apt-get source pcmcia-cs in a writable directory (as a normal user)

then enter the created dir (pcmcia-cs-*)

and type (still as a regular user)

dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b

You're done.

For more information, you may have a look at the APT HOWTO:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html

and more specifically to:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-sourcehandling.en.html

--