Re: Recetas que no podemos aceptar!

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 11:27:50AM +0100, Jaime E. Villate wrote:
[...]
> Mysql es perfectamente libre, los otros programas que refieres no perdemos
> nada de vida o muerte si los rechazamos. Dudo que tuvieramos gestores de bases
> de datos libres, tan buenos como el mysql, si no hubiera quien rechazara el
> oracle. Lo mismo ocurre en los otros casos: si nadie rechaza el Flash,
> cualquier dia desaparece el HTML y pasamos a depender de la Macromedia para
> producir contenido web.

Que mysql sea libre es discutible. Saque esto de el sitio
http://www.mysql.com:

------------------------
Basically, our licensing policy and interpretation of the GPL is as
follows:

For normal internal use, MySQL costs
nothing. You do not have to pay us if you do not want to.

A license is required if:

You link a program, that is not free
software, with code from the MySQL server or clients that has the GPL
copyright. This happens for
example when you use MySQL as an
embedded server in your applications or when you add not free extensions
to the MySQL server. In
this case your application/code would
also become GPL through the GPL license that acts as a virus. By
licensing MySQL server from
MySQL AB under a commercial license you
will avoid this problem. See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl-faq.html.

You have a commercial application that
ONLY works with MySQL and ships the application with the MySQL server.
This is because we
view this as linking even if it is done
over the network.

You have a distribution of MySQL and
you don't provide the source code for your copy of the MySQL server, as
defined in the GPL license.