From: Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:53:50 +0100
To: debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: spanish translations in DDTP now

  Hello

  Look at this numbers:

  The old spanish ddtp-status:
    /------------
    |Stats for es from pdesc
    |descriptions                             16258
    |up-to-date descriptions                  10468
    |translated descriptions                      7
    \------------

  The new spanish ddtp-status:
    /------------
    |Stats for es from pdesc
    |descriptions                             16258
    |up-to-date descriptions                  10468
    |translated descriptions                   3484
    \------------

  What this numbers mean
  ----------------------

  In the past, the spanish translation people used their own,
  web driven, translation system for the debian package descriptions.

  Now we have included all translated descriptions in the DDTP and we
  are starting the spanish translation of all package descriptions
  with the DDTP. You can see the start at
  http://ddtp.debian.org/pdesc/gnuplot/ddts-stat.png

  How you can help
  ----------------

  If you speak spanish, you can send a mail to pdesc@ddtp.debian.org
  with the subject 'GET 2 es' and the server will send two
  untranslated package descriptions with a guide.

  Translate the attachement (read first the guide) and send the
  translation back to the server (as attachment).

  It's also very important to review the translations, since the
  imported descriptions need to be reviewed.
  Use 'review 2 es' as subject in the server mail.

  See the guide for more commands.

  How you can use the translations
  --------------------------------

  use some apt sources with translated package files. Maybe you found
  some mirrors in Spain. If not, you can use

     deb http://ddtp.debian.org/aptable es/woody main

  in /etc/apt/sources.list, make a 'apt-get update' and all package
  frontends use the translated package files.

  I update http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org/ too. Now we
  have also package pages with es translation on this site. See
     http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debian.org/testing/allpackages.es.html
  as a starting point.

  Thanks
  ------

  http://www.laespiral.org/ddts/
    These people made all the work and translated the package
    descriptions into spanish.
  Margarita Manterola <ddtp@marga.com.ar>
    Who is the spanish language coordinator in DDTP.
    She managed the migration from laespiral to ddtp.debian.org.

  If you have questions or comments, mail and ask grisu@debian.org

Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
The UNIX Guru's view of Sex:         unzip ; strip ; touch ; finger ;