[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Fwd: Intent to NMU of help for an l10n upload of mysql-dfsg-5.0 to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

în caz că are careva cef de tradus...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
Date: 2008/6/4
Subject: Intent to NMU of help for an l10n upload of mysql-dfsg-5.0 to
fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs
To: mysql-dfsg-5.0@packages.debian.org, debian-i18n@lists.debian.org
Cc: 478553-quiet@bugs.debian.org

Dear Debian maintainer,

The mysql-dfsg-5.0 Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
for po-debconf, namely bug number 478553 (and maybe other similar bugs).

Even though this bug is quite recent, the release of Debian is not that
far and an opportunity should be taken to not only fix
that l10n bug, but also get more translations for your package.

I have the intention, as part of a more general action of the Debian
i18n Task Force to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
for mysql-dfsg-5.0 in order to fix this as well as all pending translations
for the debconf templates.

Of course, as you seem pretty active on that package, an upload by you
would also be OK...as long as it allows a round of translation

Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.

The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with it
or if I don't receive any answer in 14 days) is roughly the following:

 Wednesday, June 04, 2008   : send this notice
 Wednesday, June 18, 2008       : post a NMU announcement to
debian-i18n with you
                (maintainer) CC'ed
 Saturday, June 28, 2008       : deadline for receiving translation updates
 Sunday, June 29, 2008       : build the package and upload it to DELAYED/2-day
                send the NMU patch to the BTS
 Tuesday, July 01, 2008       : NMU reaches incoming

If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
That will just require a few days.

In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System for
mysql-dfsg-5.0 and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order to fix
any issue potentially introduced by my upload.

Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to this

If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.


Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)


"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein

Reply to: