Fwd: News from DDTSS and request for feedback

Tem uma citação ao time brasileiro :-)

-------- Mensagem encaminhada --------
Assunto: News from DDTSS and request for feedback
Data: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 13:44:58 +0100
De: Thomas Vincent <thomas@vinc-net.fr>
Para: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org

Hello!

I wanted to share with you that DDTSS, the service allowing us to translate package descriptions, recently got two updates that made its main page load 2 to 3 seconds faster.

Although I intend to keep working on the internals of DDTSS to provide it a long overdue rejuvenation, I'd also like to improve the user experience of our brave DDTSS translators.
Here are some ideas off the top of my head that I'd like to address:
* the Italian team has fine scripts that could benefit everybody if they
   were directly provided by DDTSS
* DDTSS remains super slow for a few teams who prefer fetching thousands
   of descriptions
* it's not easy to run DDTSS locally, which hinders code contributions
* if you try to translate during the 'night' (european time), then DDTSS
   becomes excruciatingly slow because it's when the daily update script
   is run. This makes me feel bad for our Brazilian friends, for instance
* we should use Salsa as a way to authenticate users instead of DDTSS'
   legacy homemade solution

But I'm probably blindsided by my own experience with DDTSS. This is why I'd love to have your feedback about what is OK and what should be improved. If you have anything to say, please answer this message (on or off list), ping us on IRC (#ddtp) or open an issue on [Salsa].

Thomas

[Salsa]: https://salsa.debian.org/l10n-team/ddtp/-/issues