Re: debconf-getlang and pt_BR

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:35:25 +0100
barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) wrote:

> > > I am trying to improve documentation to help translating Debconf templates
> > great =), in english? let us know when you get something done =)
>
> It is available at
>    http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/templates/hints.en.html
> This is a first draft, so it may be a good idea to improve English version
> before translating it ;)
great, I'll take a look at it =)

> > $ debconf-getlang pt_BR templates > templates.pt_BR
>
> But if I try with acct
>   $ debconf-getlang pt_BR templates > templates.pt_BR
>   $ debconf-getlang pt    templates > templates.pt
> templates.pt contains both pt and pt_BR, whereas pt_BR contains no translated
> fields.
>
> I wanted to add a section into above document explaining how to split
> templates file; this is why I am wondering whether it is a known problem.
ah... ok... you want to get the translated template from a "unified" template
I have never tried to do that. As they are available on grisu's website[1],
I am used to get them from there.

The problem you found is most probably a bug on debconf-getlang and should
be reported as well as that annoying fuzzy bug... sorry, I misundertood you
will you report the bug or want me to do it?

[1]: http://auric.debian.org/~grisu/debian_translation

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |