Re: debconf-getlang and pt_BR

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 09:26:07PM -0200, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 23:30:59 +0100
> barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier) wrote:
> > Hello,
> Hello Denis,
> > I am trying to improve documentation to help translating Debconf templates
> great =), in english? let us know when you get something done =)

It is available at
This is a first draft, so it may be a good idea to improve English version
before translating it ;)

> > files, and am facing a problem with Portuguese.  How do you run
> > debconf-getlang to extract pt_BR fields?
> I usually do:
> $ debconf-getlang pt_BR templates > templates.pt_BR

But if I try with acct
  $ debconf-getlang pt_BR templates > templates.pt_BR
  $ debconf-getlang pt    templates > templates.pt
templates.pt contains both pt and pt_BR, whereas pt_BR contains no translated

I wanted to add a section into above document explaining how to split templates
file; this is why I am wondering whether it is a known problem.

> debconf-getlang seem to have a problem dealing with fuzzy on ??_?? locales
> still, it shows:
> Description-pt_br-fuzzy:
> instead of
> Description-pt_BR-fuzzy:

You should report it, this is quite annoying.

PS: please Cc: me