[rafael@icp.inpg.fr: Re: install.pt.sgml doesn't build]

[ Esqueci de fazer um Cc: do mail abaixo para esta lista.  Incluo também a
  resposta do Adam Di Carlo. ]

----- Forwarded message from Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@icp.inpg.fr> -----

To: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>, gleydson@linuxbr.com.br,
        gleydson_s@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: install.pt.sgml doesn't build
Cc: debian-boot@lists.debian.org
From: Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@icp.inpg.fr>
Date: 28 Mar 2000 22:58:27 +0200

Hi Adam and Gleydson,

I took a look at the file pt.po (from boot-floppies_2.2.8), that is
responsible for the compilation problems.  Boy, it is in a very bad
shape.  Besides the non ISO8859-1 characters floating around, there
are many typos, lots of spelling errors, bad phrase constructions, and
even some message strings lacking.  Before you wonder, I am Brazilian,
so I know what I am talking about.  I volunteer myself to fix the
problems, if Gleydson does not have the time for now.  It will be done
by tomorrow night.  Where should I get the latest version from? Should
I get it from the CVS server or do 2.2.8 has the latest one?

--
Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org>

----- End forwarded message -----

----- Forwarded message from Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>  -----

>I took a look at the file pt.po (from boot-floppies_2.2.8), that is
>responsible for the compilation problems.  Boy, it is in a very bad
>shape.  Besides the non ISO8859-1 characters floating around, there
>are many typos, lots of spelling errors, bad phrase constructions, and
>even some message strings lacking.  Before you wonder, I am Brazilian,
>so I know what I am talking about.  I volunteer myself to fix the
>problems, if Gleydson does not have the time for now.  It will be done
>by tomorrow night.  Where should I get the latest version from? Should
>I get it from the CVS server or do 2.2.8 has the latest one?

Get it from CVS.  See README-CVS in the source if you don't know how
to get to CVS.  Using anon-cvs and then sending patches to the list is
fine.

----- End forwarded message -----