Re: [Dctrl-tools-devel] Polish translation of dctrl

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 09:40:59PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> Le 02/05/2012 13:27, Aleksander Matuszak a écrit :
> > And what does mean here conjunct:
> >
> > #: grep-dctrl/grep-dctrl.c:85
> > #, fuzzy
> > #| msgid "Conjunct predicates."
> > msgid "Conjunct filters."
>
> It's some math vocabulary, meaning you put them together (maybe look at
> other translations if there is another language you understand).

Conjunct, in this context, means "combine using the logical AND operator".
Contrast to "disjunct" which is the same except the operator is OR.

That's a term that perhaps should have also been removed in the de-CS process,
but at least I am having difficulty coming up with a short equivalent.

> > What is the context of e.g.:
> >
> > #: tbl-dctrl/tbl-dctrl.c:40
> > msgid "SPEC"
> > msgstr "??"
>
> $ LANG=C tbl-dctrl --help | grep SPEC
>   -c, --column=SPEC          Append the specified column.

Spec is a common shorthand variant of "specification" (and also "speculation",
but that doesn't apply here).  Not specific (!) to CS.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä, Finland
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/