Re: Encoding of manpages

Wow, either that's a encoding disaster, or I'm not doing something right.

First of all, I cannot say that the files you sent are in UTF-8, How
should I say this...
The text is not in Korean at all. It uses letters that are legal in a
Korean encoding, but the result is completely unintelligible.

I guess an analogy would be easier.

French uses letters like a, h, or ç, right? But what if the h's are
changed into a's and a's into ç? Still valid to the computer, but not
to humans.

I attached the manpage files installed in my system. They are encoding
in EUC-KR, and display just fine. They might be a bit dated, though.
Could anyone help me in investigating this problem?

--
Sunjae Park(daréhanl)

We choose to go to the moon and do the other things, not because they
are easy, but because they are hard.
                                     - John F. Kennedy -