Re: [RFR] wml://News/weekly/2015/06/index.wml

On Sunday 19 July 2015, at 22:41 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> > Since dec 29 2014 no one DPN issue has been rewieved and committed to the
> > cvs, here in Italy.
>
> I would suggest contacting the translation co-ordinators:
>
> https://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_coordinators

Hi!

Giuliano did contact me also by email. This is a long-standing issue
in the Italian translation team and we tried to address it several
times with not much progress unfortunately.

Indeed Giuliano's translations don't get many reviews, if any, but as
a coordinator I can not force anyone to review his work, and that
includes myself.

One volunteer used to upload Giuliano's work but that usually included
quite some work on the file, first to review the Italian language, and
then to make it valid-wml and to validate as html once compiled and I
can't force him to do that work either.

I did review this last issue to see how the situation was (and so it
will be published). Indeed I think this issue could have been valid
wml (I am not 100% sure since I worked on the attached version who had
some problems with line-breaks probably due to the insertion in the
email).

The file did need some review as far as Italian goes. I am not
particularly a fan of publishing not reviewed work (which is something
we try to avoid in the Italian team) especially if the record show
that a review is needed.

Anyway, if Giuliano doesn't want to use his translation efforts on
some other project and really wants to see his work published, even
without a review, I can ask Mirco (and I am asking right now if Mirco
is reading :) if he agrees to commit Giuliano's work provided that the
files he sends are updated, compile correctly and are validated, and
he does not have to do *any* additional work on them.

If Mirco does not have time for this, I will think what I can do in
the future (as committing myself after asking permissions, but not
until Autumn I am afraid, and at the same conditions - valid wml and so
on...).

Thanks,

beatrice