Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 11:33:49 +0100
From: Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org>
To: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-publicity@lists.debian.org
Subject: Call for translations:  Squeeze release announcement

We finalized the content of the announcement for the upcoming squeeze
release, and while the actual text is currently being reviewed by the
-l10n-english team, I think it's ready for you to start translations of

You can find the announcement at:

svn+ssh://svn.alioth.debian.org/svn/publicity/announcements/ in
en/2011/2011-02-06-squeeze-announce.wml ; please add your translations
in a similar maner (e.g. fr/2011/011-02-06-squeeze-announce.wml).

It's also available via the web interface at:

All DDs should already be able to commit into that repository, non-DDs
can get write access to that repository, but need to request membership
of the publicity team at

See also
for some details (same procedure, different folder of the repository).

As you can see, we expect to be done with the release (and the
announcement to be send) on Sunday, the 6th.  There's currently no good
estimate of when exactly the announcement will be need to send out.

I can add the translated announcements to the website myself for you.
But please contact me if there is also a localized -user or -news
mailing list, so we can coordinate a) whome I ping when the announcement
should be sent to that list or b) if I may/can send that announcement to
that list myself.

Best Regards,