Re: manpages-l10n: Looking for interested translators

Hello Emmanuel and Helge,

Am Di., 11. Jan. 2022 um 10:02 Uhr schrieb Helge Kreutzmann
<debian@helgefjell.de>:

> Hello Emmanuel,
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 01:57:40AM +0200, galas wrote:
> > Let me express my appreciation for your initiative to appeal to the Debian
> > Greek localisation community thus expanding the scope of translating such
> > an important part of GNU/Linux as it is the manpages.
>
> You are welcome, but the actual heavy lifting was done by Mario (in
> CC), who will most certainly chime in with further details.

Thanks for your interest in man page translations. The Greek
translations in manpages-l10n are a kind of »dry« import: Don't be
surprised, the files don't have a real previous translator. Because
some projects like GNU Coreutils and Diffutils use Help2man to
generate the English man pages, I was able to reuse the UI
translations for the man page localization. The intro.* man pages have
been created automatically, only for the purpose to have all man page
sections present.

Moreover, we use an addendum for each man page, which is generated
using the script po/el/generate-addendum.sh and the contents of
license.add. Both is translated using Google Translate; I'm quite sure
the text needs to be tweaked ;)

Best Regards,
Mario