Re: Manpages switch to PO format: german translations

Hello Christian,
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 07:55:16PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
> > No. But it would be really nice if you could, in return, tell us how
> > to work on the translation (URL of repro, whom to contact for commit
> > access, links to information relevant to (committing) translators,
> > ...).
>
> As soon as everything will be ready (mostly dealing with the current
> es and pt_BR translations), I will. The first action will be sending a
> call for translations (be ready to suffer: 869 strings....and we're
> talking about manpages, so big strings!).

It would be great if the translators would be able to incrementally
work on these pages. Given the size its not so feasible to first
translate them all, get them proofread and finally commit them. It
would be better if the translator could work her way through the pages
one by one and those translated would immediately be available to
unstable users (provided regular uploads happen), getting feedback
along the way for the translator as well.

The German team has a person willing to work on these pages and I
would be willing to help him along (tracking my dpkg man page
experience, 1642 strings in total), so it would be great if the
opportunity to gain commit access could be granted (like or simmilar
to the dpkg case).

Greetings