Re: German translation of Debian's home page

Hello
(replying in english, as I don't know what language you prefer)
On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 01:43:06PM +0200, Jürgen Struckmeier wrote:
> in the German translation of the Debian home page, the English term
> "Security Advisories" reads "Sicherheitsankündigungen". This translation

Up to very recently the translation was »Debian Sicherheitsgutachten«
which was not well received among the translators. Recently, an old
discussion about this term resurfaced and the team decided on this new
translation. Instead of providing all the arguments again, I kindly ask
you to have a look on the thread starting at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-l10n-german/2006/08/msg00156.html

If you feel some arguments are missing, please post them.

Greetings

      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                      helge@helgefjell.de
            Dipl.-Phys.                       http://www.helgefjell.de