Re: Please update apt-howto translation

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 10:27:15PM +0200, Julien Louis wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 10:21:09PM +0200, Julien Louis wrote:
> > Could you please, have a look to the attached po file, tell me if there
> > is any problem with the po file and send me back the updated
> > translation.
>
> Oops, I sent an outdated po file. Here is the updated one

Hi,

it seems that this file is in a very bad shape. All messages are either
untranslated or marked fuzzy. I really doubt that the old translation is
so outdated. Can I assume that the fuzzy messages are default for
files converted to PO format? This would be very bad ...

Please add at least a link where the upstream CVS files can be found.
There are a few in the DDP CVS, an older copy is in the Debian Reference
CVS in SourceForge, ...)

I'm sure it easier to remove fuzzy messages by improving the method you
used or at least by comparing the SGML files from CVS and watching recent
changes since the last synchronisation against the English file.

I also wonder why even the header of the attached PO file is completely
bogus. Are you not able to fix at least the project name across all
languages ...?

Jens