Re: [DONE] po://xz-utils/po/fr.po

Hello,

Am Di., 4. Jan. 2022 um 14:31 Uhr schrieb Jean-Pierre Giraud
<jenapierregiraud75@free.fr>:
> […]
> C'est terminé, les fichier sont dans manpages-l10n. Merci à bubu pour sa
> traduction et à Daniel et Lucien pour leurs relectures.
> Amicalement,
> jipege

Maybe you have seen that the xz* man page translations are only
enabled for Debian Bullseye in manpages-l10n. Have a look at [1]: The
upstream project already has a working po4a infrastructure. My German
translation is there for a while, and some of the distributions which
ship xz-5.2.5 already have the translated man pages packaged. For
Bullseye, I don't expect that they would accept a bug report for the
missing files, but for Sid it needs to be reported. Fedora, Mageia and
Opensuse have the translated versions, the latter in a separate
package named xz-lang. That's why I removed the xz stuff from most
package lists at manpages-l10n.

It would be nice if you would merge the existing .po files into one
using msgcat, update with the latest template (just run update-po in
the xz git repo) and send the result to the xz-devel mailing list [2],
even in the current (incomplete) state. If you need help with this,
get back to me, I'm subscribed to xz-devel anyway.

BTW, the obviously finished xzdec.1.po doesn't contain any translator name…?

[1] https://git.tukaani.org/?p=xz.git;a=tree;f=po4a;h=aeb49fd1816e0e8fd952c4ca16b12036e6f090f1;hb=HEAD
[2] https://tukaani.org/xz/lists.html

Best Regards
Mario