Re: manpages-l10n: please fix file header of xrandr.1.po

Hello Mario and Jean-Philippe,

On 3/29/20 7:55 PM, Mario Blättermann wrote:
>>> Someone in your team - I thought you - maintains his own external Git
>>> repo for reviews. That's why I thought the Diff artifacts come from
>>> there.

I do have a copy of the repo on salsa [1] so that I can have a branch
for each ITT I send to the list and then merge it back when it is DONE
without polluting the main repo with branches and easily coping with
modifications of a file while it is being proofread. I can either change
it so that I always push to master or create branches on the main repo
with syntax 'fr/man*/*.po'; whichever you prefer.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/gscano-guest/manpages-l10n

Regarding the issues Jean-Philippe is coming across, I do not think it
is related to having a personal copy of the repo, but it has more to do
with the use of the update-translations script. I followed the trail as
such: I can't find which commit pipeline #115198 (I think you meant this
one) refers to but f151198f6c99 [2] committed conflicts in xrandr which
then led to the file content being expunged by c6297f935c9 [3] because
it was not a valid po file, content which was then reinstated by
5421d94663ab38 [4] with, I believe, common strings and without the prior
translation and Jean-Philippe update.

[2]
https://salsa.debian.org/manpages-l10n-team/manpages-l10n/-/commit/f151198f6c991f81e1141ea10a38d4c0db1a881e
[3]
https://salsa.debian.org/manpages-l10n-team/manpages-l10n/-/commit/c6297f935c9e7f5d6a5e049fe47f8afe3ab365b8
[4]
https://salsa.debian.org/manpages-l10n-team/manpages-l10n/-/commit/5421d94663ab38f84b3e45c2407256b4ae398b1d

Because I pushed changes made by the update-translations script in
between your ITT and DONE, it resulted in a conflict for you that led to
the error. Until now, I think I have been the the only one to do this.
So once in a while I go over the mailing list DONE messages and git log
for pushed translations and apply use-for-compendium to all those files
updated and proofread by the team. Then I apply update-translations to
reflect that work in every other file. I don't mind taking the time to
do it but I think the workflow within the team should be clarified.
Should it be done individually when a po file is updated or shall one
person, as I do now, may it be a maintainer of manpages-l10n or a member
of the team, do it regularly ?

>>> I've just committed the file CONTRIBUTING.md [1]. Well, I assume it
>>> doesn't cover all imagineable questions and problems, but should
>>> explain most of the workflow. Please have a look at it.

Thanks for that, it is very useful.

Best regards,
Grégoire