Re: Status of manpages-fr -- help needed?

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Am So., 6. Okt. 2019 um 11:36 Uhr schrieb Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
<jpmengual@debian.org>:

> >> Thanks, that is great! I requested to join manpages-l10n-team in case I
> >> can help
> >
> > Thanks for the quick response! Please translate the attached
> > scripts.pot first. It is needed to generate a proper addendum and
> > status pages. Currently, the French status pages are not yet available
>
> hmmm I am not an expert of the tools, but should I translate the .pot
> directly? Usually I translate po files, then the pot generation is done
> via gettext (makefile or whatever). Is it a particular case where I
> should translate the pot directly, or some additional steps to translate
> a po file then regenerate the pot?

Don't bother with that. I've generated the *.pot file manually, it is
not based a Gettext workflow. But I think it is the easiest way to get
the translated parts of the scripts, because translators are familiar
with such files. Find a stub French *.po file in the attachment.

> > online. Run the script public/generate-stats-page-fr.sh to get the
> > HTML files locally (in »public«) and view them in your favorite
> > browser.
> >
> > The translation workflow is as follows: Pick a .po file, write an
> > [ITT] mail to the list, then update the translation, send it with
> > [RFR], and once the review is done, send a [DONE] and attach the
> > reviewed po file. I'm subscribed to this list, and when encountering
> > such a [DONE] mail, I will commit this file and add their contents to
> > the compendium. Ideally, the subject line of the mail should follow
> > this scheme:
> >
> > […] man://manpages-l10n/fr/manpage.1.po
> >
> > This makes sure that it can be parsed properly by the robot and it is
> > easier to filter out [DONE] mails which are not relevant for me.
> > Regarding write access to the Git repo, it is up to Tobias as the
> > owner of the repo to grant access.
>
> Should I follow this workflow for the script? I understand that no, I
> should send it to you, but I prefer to ask confirmation

No, not for this script, but later any *.po file submission for man
pages should follow this workflow.

Best Regards,
Mario
# French translation of the manpages-l10n scripts
# Copyright © of this file:
# This file is distributed under the same license as the manpages-l10n package.
# Jean-Philippe Mengual <jpmengual@debian.org>, 2019.
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: manpages-l10n\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2019-10-03 11:56+02:00\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2019-10-06 11:55+0200\n"
"Last-Translator: Jean-Philippe Mengual <jpmengual@debian.org>\n"
"Language-Team: French <debian-l10n-french@lists.debian.org>\n"
"Language: fr\n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n > 1);\n"

#. TRANSLATORS: Replace »English« with the name of your language. This line
#. becomes the first header line in *.po files.
#: po/create-new-translation.sh:50
msgid "# English translation of manpages"
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Replace »LANGUAGE« with the name of your language and add the
#. address of the language team which is responsible for comments, proposals,
#. bug reports etc.
#: po/create-new-translation.sh:59
msgid "Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL@li.org>"
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Replace »English« with the name of your language.
#. %d will be substituted by the translator name and his/her mail address.
#: po/generate-addendum.sh:42
msgid "The English translation of this man page has been created by %d."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Replace »English« with the name of your language.
#. %d and %s will be substituted by the translator names and his/her mail
#. addresses. This will be applied in case of two translators.
#: po/generate-addendum.sh:43
msgid "The English translation of this man page has been created by %d and %s."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Replace »English« with the name of your language.
#. %d and %s will be substituted by the translator names and his/her mail
#. addresses. This will be applied in case of three or more translators.
#: po/generate-addendum.sh:43
msgid ""
"The English translation of this man page has been created by %d, %s and %z."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: This is the section title for an addendum, which will be added
#. to each translated man page.
#: license.add:1
msgid "TRANSLATION"
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: This disclaimer is the license declaration, added to each
#. translated man page. Make sure you use the correct mail address of the team
#. which is responsible for bug reports.
#: license.add:2
msgid ""
"This translation is free documentation; please refer to the GNU General "
"Public License version 3 or later regarding the conditions for copying and "
"distribution. There is no LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY.\n"
"\n"
"If you find a bug in the translation of this manual page, please write to "
"<LL@li.org>."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Replace »English« with the name of your language.
#. This is the header line of the status pages.
#: public/generate-stats-page.sh:42
msgid "English translation of man pages"
msgstr ""

#: public/generate-stats-page.sh:46
msgid "List of incompletely translated files"
msgstr ""

#: public/generate-stats-page.sh:65
msgid "List of untranslated files"
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: %s expands to a number.
#: public/generate-stats-page.sh:114
msgid "%s untranslated messages."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS:  %s expands to a number.
#: public/generate-stats-page.sh:164
msgid "%s file is incompletely translated"
msgid_plural "%s files are incompletely translated"
msgstr[0] ""
msgstr[1] ""

#. TRANSLATORS:  %s expands to a number.
#: public/generate-stats-page.sh:210
msgid "In total, %s files are incompletely translated"
msgstr ""