Re: Status of manpages-fr -- help needed?

Hello Jean-Philippe,

Am Sa., 5. Okt. 2019 um 23:42 Uhr schrieb Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
<jpmengual@debian.org>:

> > Now the import of the French man pages has been finished and a new
> > project has been created:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/manpages-l10n-team/manpages-l10n
> >
> > The French po files are in po/fr/. The original files from manpages-fr
> > and mapages-fr-extra have been merged into one pool. After the import,
> > I've created the compendium files in po/fr/common/, filled them with
> > translations (as far it was possible for a non-French speaker) and
> > synchronized the compendium with the po files.
> >
> > Now we have 1385 po files, but 560 of them cannot be built to
> > translated man pages because they don't reach the 80% threshold of
> > Po4a. I've done all I could do, now it is up to real French
> > translators to update the po files accordingly.
>
> Thanks, that is great! I requested to join manpages-l10n-team in case I
> can help

Thanks for the quick response! Please translate the attached
scripts.pot first. It is needed to generate a proper addendum and
status pages. Currently, the French status pages are not yet available
online. Run the script public/generate-stats-page-fr.sh to get the
HTML files locally (in »public«) and view them in your favorite
browser.

The translation workflow is as follows: Pick a .po file, write an
[ITT] mail to the list, then update the translation, send it with
[RFR], and once the review is done, send a [DONE] and attach the
reviewed po file. I'm subscribed to this list, and when encountering
such a [DONE] mail, I will commit this file and add their contents to
the compendium. Ideally, the subject line of the mail should follow
this scheme:

[…] man://manpages-l10n/fr/manpage.1.po

This makes sure that it can be parsed properly by the robot and it is
easier to filter out [DONE] mails which are not relevant for me.
Regarding write access to the Git repo, it is up to Tobias as the
owner of the repo to grant access.

Best Regards,
Mario