Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 17:54:49 +0200
From: F Wolff <friedel@translate.org.za>
To: F Wolff <friedel@translate.org.za>
Subject: Updating translations for Virtaal 0.7

First, let me thank you for your previous translations of Virtaal (you
are listed as the last translator for your language).

We are about to release Virtaal 0.7.0 with lots of new features and I
was hoping that you would be able to update your translation. The
release is more than a week away, but could already happen as soon as 19
May if things go well.

Virtaal is now in string freeze and I wanted to let you know before
making a general translation announcement, so that you can update your
translations before someone else does it on Pootle (in case your team
has an open access policy on Pootle). If you need any special
permissions for managing your team better on Pootle, feel free to
discuss it.

I'll make the general announcement on the mailing list soon (probably
over the weekend) so you have a bit of a head start.

You can find your file updated to the latest POT file here:
http://pootle.locamotion.org/projects/virtaal
Please translate and review, and send it back to me or upload it to
Pootle. If you don't want to bother with Pootle, you can find the POT
file here
http://translate.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/translate/src/trunk/virtaal/po/virtaal.pot
and your previous translation here:
http://translate.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/translate/src/trunk/virtaal/po/

Please consider translating in Virtaal 0.7 itself - we still want some
more feedback and this will hopefully ensure that you understand the new
features. You can install Virtaal from:
      * Windows: http://translate.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
      * Debian/Ubuntu: http://markmail.org/message/s35zfyofrc3qad2v
      * Fedora: http://markmail.org/message/2wpzjejxgauz5f4k
The Virtaal development team really values your contribution and I want
to thank you in advance for your translations.

If you haven't been following the mailing list then here is a summary of
the improvements:

New features:
- Real time quality checks. Yes! It updates while you type!
- Spell checking on Windows.
- New workflow state handling. Use Ctrl+Enter / Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- Navigate by quality checks like in Pootle.
- Project type detection to customise the quality checks.
- Navigate by workflow state (all translated, all untranslated, etc.)
- Spell checking is now a plugin and can therefore be disabled.
- Show previous msgid as a TM suggestion.
- You can now specify the UI language in virtaal.ni.
- Statistics and document properties

User experience:
- Much faster startup time.
- Faster handling of placeables. We support bigger term lists now.
- A better full-screen view.
- Native file dialogues for Windows and KDE users.
- Cleaner diffs in TM matches.
- More clearly differentiate MT suggestions.
- We got rid of the word "fuzzy"
- Fixed some issues of flickering and some drawing bugs.

Bugs fixed:
- Open-Tran.eu works again.
- Non-ASCII file names and paths should work again.
- No state information (fuzzy) when the format doesn't support it.

Keep well
Friedel

----- End forwarded message -----