Re: How to use the debian-l10n-xx mailing list instead of the ddtss?

On 08-11-2008 11:38, Stéphane Blondon wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Stéphane,

> I work with debian-l10n-fr to translate debian in french.
>
> We use the http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/fr webpage to
> translate the description file of the packages.
> However, we'd like to merge the translation of the description file
> with the others translations (like debian doc, manpages, etc.).
>
> In the mailing list, Christian Perrier said that the brazilian team
> uses the classical mailing list with the [RFR], etc.
> Please, could you explain to us how you did it?

	Actually, we don't do this anymore, we never really
used it directly, the lack of a simple text format make it
hard to use pseudo-urls with DDTP.

	A long time ago, before DDTSS, we used the standard
pseudo-url approach just to avoid double work, but we were
using the review process of DDTP Server itself, with the
e-mail interface, we just coordinate the reviewers to focus
on the packages being translated.

	I'm afraid that I gave Christian the wrong impression
(or the wrong idea) of what we really do), and I'm totally
sorry for that.

	Since DDTSS announcement, we use the mail list to
coordinate the efforts, make announcements and push the
decisions, but not the translation itself. Brazilian Portuguese
team is using pseudo-urls for everything else.

	I wrote some scripts and create some procedures to
follow the Brazilian Portuguese team at DDTSS and to guide
them to subscribe to the list to keep up with our decisions,
my main concern is to avoid having "two disconnected teams".

> Thanks,
> Stéphane Blondon

	You are welcome, and I'm sorry I couldn't help more. :-(

	I will speak with DDTP/DDTSS developers to see if we
can add an interface that would make it possible to get/upload
POs, that way, we could easily use the pseudo-urls workflow.

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)