Re: Question for proper French strings in clock applet

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
> Hello,
> the asclock programm supports many languages but currently the Debian
> package only installs English. I submitted a patch which installs all
> languages and selects the proper bitmap at run time (instead of build
> time as previously), cf. #457738 for details.
>
> Upstream provided two files for French. Could someone on this list
> please review them and tell me which one would be preferred by French
> users? I attached the month and weekday files with "fr1" resp. "fr2"
> as extensions.

The "1" files seem identical for weekdays.

When it comes at month names, both differ about "June" and "July".

"1" uses "JUN" and "JUL" while "2" uses "JUIN" and "JUIL" (the names
are "juin" and "juillet")

The French locale uses "JUN" and "JUL" so I suggest that the "1"
version is used.