Re: ikiwiki internationalisation

Christian Perrier wrote:
> ikiwiki is under rapid development these days. As this is indeed the
> only Debian native package that is not fully translated to French, it
> constantly come under our (French l10n team) radar when you upload new
> versions with new strings.
>
> Jean-Luc does a great job following your development but is always one
> version behind..:-)
>
> Do you have plans or a schedule for a stabilized version of ikiwiki?
> I've read that it could even be part of the GSOC, which would
> certainly mean yet more rapid development...

I plan to release version 2.0 in April, development may slow after that
point. Or not..

> If that may help you, one of us (preferrably not me, but....) could
> handle i18n/l10n of the software, freeing some of your time for more
> productive work, in term of code.

Of course I'd be more than happy for someone to do that.

However, it might be more productive for you to not prioritize ikiwiki
as a debian native package. It should have a translation priority more
like any package that is internationalised upstream but is only likely
to get widely translated if a project like Debian works on it. The fact
that it's packaged debian native is only a quirk of how I like to package
software I've written.

--
see shy jo