Re: DDTP issue

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:11:36PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > This is silly, we have different typographic rules, and thus layout may
> > change.  Why is it a problem?
>
> The only change that was done from the previous version of the description
> was s/PHP3/PHP. I find difficult to believe that french grammar and
> typographic rules have changed so much in the last 4 months, when the
> previous release was done and the translation was alligned to the actual
> format, but everything is possible in this world.

Yeah, in this world reviewers sometimes improve wording and send suggestions
to translators, who in turn modify their translations accordingly.  I know
it sounds incredible, but it happens.

> If you want a different description please file a wishlist bug and we will
> evaluate it.

I am not qualified to improve English description, you may ask on
debian-l10n-english if you want.

> In the meantime it would be nice that you (or who did that change)
> will reallign the description with all the others.

Sorry, I do not know what changes you are talking about (I never read this
description before), but current translation sounds quite good to me.

> It is a maintainer responsability to keep the description updated in all
> its part (format included).

Could you be more explicit?  I see nothing wrong with the format used here.

Denis