Re: DDTP issue
- To: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <email@example.com>
- Cc: Michael Bramer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DDTP issue
- From: email@example.com (Denis Barbier)
- Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:55:53 +0200
- Message-id: <20030509095553.GC6100@zobe.linuxfr.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Michael Bramer <email@example.com>, "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20030508154858.GD19623@home.debsupport.de> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030508171117.GA6466@zobe.linuxfr.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:11:36PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> > This is silly, we have different typographic rules, and thus layout may
> > change. Why is it a problem?
> The only change that was done from the previous version of the description
> was s/PHP3/PHP. I find difficult to believe that french grammar and
> typographic rules have changed so much in the last 4 months, when the
> previous release was done and the translation was alligned to the actual
> format, but everything is possible in this world.
Yeah, in this world reviewers sometimes improve wording and send suggestions
to translators, who in turn modify their translations accordingly. I know
it sounds incredible, but it happens.
> If you want a different description please file a wishlist bug and we will
> evaluate it.
I am not qualified to improve English description, you may ask on
debian-l10n-english if you want.
> In the meantime it would be nice that you (or who did that change)
> will reallign the description with all the others.
Sorry, I do not know what changes you are talking about (I never read this
description before), but current translation sounds quite good to me.
> It is a maintainer responsability to keep the description updated in all
> its part (format included).
Could you be more explicit? I see nothing wrong with the format used here.