Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:46:13 +0100
To: debian-doc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: translating documentation and putting it on the web server
From: Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:56:51AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
> For now, we store the source in the webwml repository in
> french/international/french/translations I was wondering if we could use the
> debian-doc repository for that, and if yes, if my account works in this part
> (I'm not a debian developper, but I can commit in the webwml module).

I think only developers (all of them, though) are allowed to commit in
debian-doc module, but I guess a pserver account could do.

Generally, it should be okay to put any translation in the same subdirectory
as the original document. We already do that for several docs.

> I was also wondering if it was possible to :
> - offer other format in w.d.o/doc/ddp (besides html, ps seems to be
>   another good choice)

Anything's possible, but I didn't see any requests for that.

> - offer the translations from the same pages (using content negociation ?
>   using more than one link ?)

That would be nice, but it's kinda tricky since not all default makefiles
also build the translations, and finding out if any translations exist in
the .wml would require quite a bit of tweaking...