demande de relecture

Bonjour tout le monde,

	Devenant le maintainer de Xtel, j'ai decide de traduire la doc en anglais.
Ainsi j'aimerai bien que quelqu'un relise ce que j'ai traduit pour voir si tout
cela est comprehensible ....

Merci d'avance...

--
Guillaume Morin <gemorin@attglobal.net>

              Marry me girl, be my only fairy to the world (RHCP)
The XTEL FAQ

Here are some of the frequently asked questions about Xtel.

Can I use Xtel for commercial purposes?
When I start Xtel, I get an error message about the fonts'loading
what should I do?
Can I use Xtel without having TCP/IP?
How do I specify a xteld server name?
When I start Xtel, I receive "Erreur de connexion au serveur XTEL...", what
should I do?
Which modems are supported by Xtel?
Could I use TVR with Xtel?
The modem does not dial, what should I do?
Is there an english version of Xtel?
Is there a Windows version of the Xtel client?
Can I find any binary distributions of Xtel?
Where can I get information on Xtel?

* Can I use Xtel for commercial purposes?

Xtel is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License which
allows you this kind of use. The main restriction is to distribute the source
code if you decide to sell Xtel.

* When I start Xtel, I get an error message about the fonts loading
what should I do ?

Read the README !

Xtel uses special fonts which are normally installed by the "make install"
command. To make these fonts recognized by X launch :

xset +fp directory_where_the_fonts_are

If you use XFree86, it is better to add this

FontPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/xtel/"

in XF86Config and reload the server.

* Can I use Xtel without having TCP/IP?

Yes, the default configuration needs TCP/IP to work (AF_INET sockets) but you
can make Xtel use local sockets or UNIX sockets (AF_UNIX). If you want to do
this, remove the comment

#define NO_NETWORK

in the Config.tmpl file. In this case, the xteld daemon will have to be
launched manually or you will need to create a new startup script in rc.local
or in an equivalent file. Note that when possible, use the network version.

* How do I specify a xteld server name?

The default server name is localhost. This is the appropriate configuration
when the server and the client run on the same computer. There are
different ways to change the name :
	* When you launch Xtel use the -serveur option
	* In the X Ressources file add this line

	xtel*serveur: the_server

* When I start Xtel, I receive "Erreur de connexion au serveur XTEL...", what
should I do?

The specified server is not available using TCP/IP or the xteld daemon is not
correctly installed (read the LISEZMOI concerning the modification of
/etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf). Warning, if you use TCP/IP, the xteld
daemon MUST NEVER BE LAUNCHED MANUALLY (it will be launched by the inetd
superserver)

* Which modems are supported by Xtel?

All modems supporting the V.23 protocol could be used with Xtel. Therefore all
modems which have been agreed by France Telecom should work. Watch out - the
V.23 mode of some modems (like USR ones) is disabled by default. In that case,
use a correct AT command in xtel.lignes to enable it.

Read carefully the README file which contains information about
detecting/configuring modems.

* Could I use TVR with Xtel?

Yes, if you have a modem which supports it ! As far as I know, only some COM1
and Djinn Flash modems support it.

* The modem does not dial, what should I do?

	1. Add a \d (this is a delay) at the beginning of the dialing string in
	xtel.ligne file. It makes the modem synchronize on the xteld speed.

	2. If this keeps on failing, make Xtel more verbose in removing the comment
	before :

	#define DEBUG_XTELD

	in the Config.tmpl file. The new xteld will display debugging information on
	/dev/console by default or using syslogd if you have enable this option.

* Is there an english version of Xtel?

Not yet. The MINITELR is mainly used in France. However, the 3.1 version should
be very easy to translate because all messages are gathered in the ressources
file Xtel-msg (or Xtelm-Msg for the Motif or Lesstif version).

* Is there a Windows version of the Xtel client?

No, but xteld could be used with Hyperterminal 3.x or 4.x.

* Can I find any binary distributions of Xtel?

Yes, but for some OSs only. Check out the xtel homepage.

* Where can I get information on Xtel?

In the french linux or x11 newgroups like fr.comp.os.linux.configuration or
fr.comp.apps.x11. If you can't find any answers, you can email me :
pierre@ai.alienor.fr

This file has been (quickly) translated by Guillaume Morin
<gemorin@attglobal.net>