Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package pam 0.99.7.1-5

Steve,

On Tuesday 25 September 2007 08:32, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Thank you for your help to translate the recently-added pam debconf
> templates to your language.
>
> But I have to apologize to you, because the templates have changed again in
> response to bug reports about the upgrade behavior, so your translations
> are again incomplete with some messages missing or marked "fuzzy".

I thought I downloaded the pot file from Debian www-site, but it seems I used
the one from the mailing list. Anyway, here's an updated version.

> The changes have been discussed with both debian-i18n and debian-devel, so
> these strings should not need to be changed again.

I just have to ask about one string. Sorry if this induces more chahnges. :-]

msgid "The kdm, wdm, and xdm display managers require a restart for the new
version of libpam, but there are X login sessions active on your system that
would be terminated by this restart.  You will therefore need to restart
these services by hand before further X logins will be possible."

What I think weird here is the use of word "therefore". The explanation does
not give any reason why I couldn't open new X sessions before restart (using
the old libpam library which supposedly is still loaded in the memory). But
the use of word "therefore" sounds to me like there should be an explanation
in the preceding sentence. I'm not a native English speaker so this might be
just my misunderstanding. Or maybe I don't know enough about the mechanisms
of the X servers and display managers.

Regards,
Esko

--
Esko Arajärvi - edu@iki.fi - +358-50-5446844
"Only idiots quote signatures." -Antti Kuntsi (at his .sig)