Re: an oddity

On Sat, 2023-10-14 at 12:34 +0100, RL wrote:

> a) what (if anything) should be on a page about translation into english

While English is usually the source language for translations, it is
not always, therefore translations from other languages to English
could occur. OTOH, the only place I know where this happens is in the
Debian website, but OTOH again, there are definitely software packages
in Debian where the source code comments and probably the strings are
in non-English languages, so it could happen in packages in Debian.

That said, all of the cases listed on that page are about translations
of the debian/ directories, so the templates should be in English,
where the translation system uses source strings in English,
as seen with tzdata, some use source strings that are identifiers.

> (a) a simple option is to delete the page

The web team is intending to delete most of the website, so that
will likely happen to all of the translation related pages anyway.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise