Re: kexec-tools template update

On 10/3/23 8:21 AM, Justin B Rye wrote:
Khalid Aziz wrote:
I am working on updating kexec-tools package. As part of the update, I
intend to remove one of the config options. This will require me to remove
the config option dialog from the templates file, specifically
kexec-tools/load_kexec option. What is the right way to proceed with this
removal - should I just remove the config option and dialog from
kexec-tools.templates file and let po files catch up, or do something else?

I'm not sure - here at English end of the i18n process I rarely need
to worry about .po files.  Having surplus translations available for
strings that no longer exist doesn't sound as if it'll do any harm (if
it did I'd expect lintian to warn you).

Presumably uploading a new version with changes in the translatable
strings will put the packagename on pages like
  https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/fr
(ah yes, there you are) and the translators will think "oh, here's an
easy one"...

Thanks Justin! This sounds good. If uploading with surplus translations doesn't cause an issue, that will work well and then translations can catch up. I will watch out for lintian errors.

--
Khalid