Re: Manually add firmware (or other) packages for installation?

On 2/26/21 7:23 PM, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> wrote (Sun, 27 Dec 2020 14:20:33 +0100):
>> I have attached a patch for hw-detect, the dialog would run within the
>> 'finish-install' step. I have tested it, it works fine.
>> (Maybe the wording of the template could be over-worked, and reviewed by
>> l10n-english as well.)
>>
>> Comments?
>
> There have been no complains, so I'm asking debian-l10n-english for a string
> review of the attached strings now (in CC), and will push the result then soon.

Well, if someone understands the concept of firmware packages and that they need
to be installed (and is using expert mode), they will also be able to install
those packages on a second console.

Also, the packages will only be available if you use the non-free installer images
which are not the ones we are shipping by default. So if someone uses the default
DFSG-compliant images, they won't be able to install firmware-amd-graphics and
so on.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz