Re: new Debian homepage: request for review

Hi Justin

El 8/10/19 a las 0:06, Justin B Rye escribió:
> lange@debian.org wrote:
>> before starting the translations of the new homepage I like to ask for review
>> from native speakers. Following pages in the new-homepage branch
>> (git@salsa.debian.org:webmaster-team/webwml.git) needs to be reviewed:
>>
>> english/index.wml             (complete rewrite)
>> english/more.wml              (new page)
>> english/intro/why_debian.wml  (I completely rewrote this page)
>
> I'm guessing from the fact that plain "git clone" gives me a version
> with no "more.wml" and an obviously dated "why_debian.wml" that I need
> to do some sort of fancy VCS footwork to get the "new-homepage
> branch"; any clues would be appreciated.

After the "git clone" you can switch to the new-homepage branch by doing:

git checkout new-homepage

then you can see the related files, and commit and push. To change again to the
master branch you can do:

git checkout master

If somebody prefers to browse the source files from the Salsa web interface, the
corresponding URL would be:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/tree/new-homepage

Kind regards
--