Re: Proofreading DebConf fundraising material

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 17:37:02 +0100
Justin B Rye wrote:

> I can check them out, but (unsurprisingly) it doesn't let me do a "git
> push", and I don't understand git well enough to extract a diff, so
> I'll just have to attach my modified version of brochure.en.tex.

* suggests using gitk or something like that;
  * you can use GUI select commits and compare them in its history-window
    * it can also write a commit to a file
  * all you may need to remember is "git reset --hard [branch]"
    which reverts all changes in all version-controlled files
    (not-version-controlled files are kept as is)

* you can also use other VCS locally, to which you are familiar
* you can also use tools like cgit or gitweb

--
victory
no need to CC me :-)