Re: d-i network configuration for VLAN, new templates review

Hello Dimitri,

Quoting Dimitri John Ledkov (xnox@debian.org):
> Hello,
>
> To fix https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=433568 I have
> been working on a patch to netcfg and it introduces a few new
> questions.
>
> These are medium priority questions, and I bet most people will be
> pre-seeding netcfg/vlan_id. VLAN is a way to tag packets on a network
> connection, and thus able to run what essentially look like separate
> networks, on a common physical network topology.
>
> I'm guessing this is only relevant in an enterprise / highly advanced setups.
>
> I would like to request an English quality review, a wider feedback
> from d-i community if below templates are good, and also ask whether
> or not these should be marked for translation at all.

IMHO, they should be marked for translation.

> Template: netcfg/use_vlan
> Type: boolean
> Default: false
> # :sl6:
>  Virtual LAN (VLAN) is a concept of partitioning a physical network to create
>  distinct broadcast domains. Packets can be marked for different IDs by
>  tagging, so that a single interconnect (trunk) may be used to transport
>  data for various VLANs.
>  .
>  If your network interface is directly connected to a VLAN trunk port,
>  specifying a VLAN ID may be necessary to get a working connection.

Just try dropping "your" if possible (what we call
"unpersonnalization") : s/your/the should be enough

> Template: netcfg/vlan_id
> Type: string
> # :sl6:
>  If your network interface is directly connected to a VLAN trunk port,
>  specifying a VLAN ID may be necessary to get a working connection.

Ditto.

> Template: netcfg/vlan_failed
> Type: error
> # :sl6:
>  The command used to set up VLAN during the installation returned an
>  error, please check installer logs, or go back and try another
>  configuration.

"the" VLAN ? Justin?

Ditto for "the" installer logs?