Re: www.debian.org: new introduction for blends page

Iain R. Learmonth wrote:
> Could someone take a look at the wording for this to ensure it's understandable
> by non-technical users and to ensure that it's easily translatable.
>
> Please keep the bug in CC, I'm not subscribed to debian-l10n-english.

Quoting that proposed text:
# <p>
# A general purpose operating system like Debian can be the perfect solution for
# many different areas of life.
# Whether you want Debian to work for you in the classroom, as a games machine,
# or in the office, each area has its own unique needs and requires a
# different subset of packages tailored in a different way.
# </p>
#
# <p>
# Debian Pure Blends are a solution for groups of people with specific needs.
# Not only do they provide handy collections (meta-packages) of specific packages,
# but they also ease installation and configuration for the intended purpose.
# They cover the interests of different groups of people, who might be children,
# scientists, gamers, lawyers, medical staff, visually impaired people, etc.
# Their common goal is to make installation and administration of computers
# for their target audience as easy as possible and to connect their audience
# with the people who write or package software for that audience.
# </p>

It's all okay, but there is room for improvement in that last
sentence.  How about:

  Their common goal is to make computer installation and administration
  as easy as possible for their target audience, and to connect that audience
  with the people who write or package software.