Re: [diaspora-installer] new strings review request

Pirate Praveen wrote:
[...]
>>    This package lets you set up a Diaspora pod in easy steps. It configures
>>    PostgreSQL as the database and Nginx as the web server.
>>
>> But if this paragraph is news to anybody installing the package you
>> probably need a better package description.
>
> I will add it to description. It is just informing them the choice
> of PostgreSQL over MySQL and Nginx over Apache.

If they were expecting to use it with their installed Apache setup
then they'll already have noticed that trying to install this package
causes dependency problems.

[...]
>>    You can leave the PostgreSQL application password blank, as the "ident"
>>    authentication method is used, allowing the diaspora user on the system
>>    to connect to the Diaspora database without a password.
>>
>> (Or maybe diaspora should be Diaspora, or vice versa - I forget, are
>> the user and database *named* "diaspora"?)
>
> database name is diaspora_production. It could be changed to
> diaspora if that is better.

(No, I was just checking whether it was talking about "the Diaspora
database" or "the database 'diaspora'".)

>> Why tell a user this now rather than as part of the step where it asks
>> them for a password?
>
> that is coming from dbconfig-common. That is a generic message
> asking for password which may be left blank. I want to avoid confusion
> to user and explicitly tell them to leave it blank. If there is a way
> to skip dbconfig-common questions and go with defaults, that would be
> great too.

This is the part you might in fact need a debconf note for.  There
might be a way of customising the dbconfig-common processing
appropriately, but I don't know much about that.