Re: Review of NEWS entry:

Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> I should move some old and obsolete config file to a location outside
> path to be multiarch safe and avoid breaking reverse depends.
>
> All the whole archive use pkgconfig and thus is safe. However some
> user complain. So I propose this text

Er, this is for imagemagick?  Oh, right, the imagemagick in Jessie has
replaced "/usr/bin/display" and so on with links to strange paths like
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ImageMagick-6.8.9/bin-Q16/display, okay.
And... no, wait, you're not talking about that, you're talking about
/usr/bin/Magick-config in graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat?

Is that right?  Is this about a proposed NEWS file to go in the
package graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat?  It makes quite a lot of
difference, since users of graphicsmagick-libmagick-dev-compat can
presumably be expected to know what arch triplets and quantum depths
are.

(If "quantum depth" doesn't mean "level of pseudoscience", it should.)

>   Obsolete config scripts (Magick-config, MagickCore-config,
>   MagickWand-config, Wand-config and Magick++-config) are
>   not multi-arch safe and thus have been removed from /usr/bin.
>   .
>   Moreover, these scripts are superseded by pkg-config
>   facilities.
>   .
>   However as a courtesy to our users, these scripts have
>   been moved to
>   /usr/lib/$DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH/ImageMagick-6/bin-$QUANTUMDEPTH/
>   where $DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH is the multi-arch triplet and
>   $QUANTUMDEPTH is the current quantum depth.
>   .
>   Please note that these scripts will be definitively removed after
>   jessie.

The English is okay, but are you sure about .../ImageMagick-6/...
rather than .../ImageMagick-6.x.y/...?