Re: translated file english/international/Polish/index.wml

mirekgab wrote:
> I enclose the translated english/international/Polish/index.wml file.
> You can check and correct, if you find any errors?
> I have translated part which begins with "Projects on translations"
> (at line number 173 in index.wml).

> #use wml::debian::template title="Debian in Polish"
> #use wml::debian::translation-check translation="1.40" original="polish"

So this is the English translation of the material at
https://www.debian.org/international/Polish/index.pl.html

> #  Thanks for skotik87 and andrzejh for translation and check.

>   Debian is accessible in Polish language too.

Missing article: "in the Polish language", or just plain "in Polish".
And if it doesn't mean "accessible" in the a11y sense of the word, it
should probably be

    Debian is also available in Polish.

>                                                From installation
>   of the system, to the user interface of the majority of popular programs
>   and the system messages to the documentation.

My Polish is terrible, but that doesn't seem to convey what the
original is saying.  Google Translate gives me:
                                                 Starting with
    system installation, the user interface, and the most popular
    programs and system messages, and ending with the documentation.

which is considerably more natural.  Or maybe
                                                 Starting from system
    installation, to system messages and the user interfaces of most
    widely used applications, and ending with the documentation.

>                                                Obviously, there are
>   many things still to be done in this matter, but probably even now you can
>   use Debian without knowing English.

I'm not keen on "in this matter"; all the obvious alternatives are a
bit starchy.  Maybe it would be okay just to leave it out?

>   Furthermore, there is a strong Debian users community in Poland, visible through
>   multiple web sites, mailing lists, and forums. At the moment, there are 13
>   official Debian developers from Poland registered in the project.

That's "Debian user community".

Is that 13 full Debian Developers (capital DD), or just 13 developers
registered as contributors, including DMs and so on?  Oh, actually the
original just says "developers".  Probably:

                                                   At present, there are 13
    developers from Poland officially registered with the project.

Or for those of us who read bubulle's blog stats it's 15 (11 of them
active).

> <h2>Polish Debian resources</h2>
>
> <ul>
>   <li>Online Manuals
>     <ul>
> #      <li>
> #	<strong>Debian FAQ</strong>
> #	&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/debian-faq/index.pl.html">HTML</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/debian-faq/debian-faq.pl.txt">plain text</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/debian-faq/debian-faq.pl.pdf">PDF</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/debian-faq/debian-faq.pl.ps">PS</a>] &mdash;  Debian
> #	in questions and answers
> #      </li>
>       <li>
> 	<strong><a
> 	  href="http://damlab.pl/poradnik-debiana/handbook/index.php";>Guide for the
> 	  novice</a></strong> &mdash; how to start the adventure with Debian
>       </li>

I'd say "Beginner's Guide", but maybe "Guide for the novice" is the
official English translation?

>       <li>
> 	<strong>Installation and initial configuration of Debian GNU/Linux</strong>&nbsp;[<a
> 	href="http://dug.net.pl/~azhag/debiandoc/debian-instalacja-konfiguracja.html";>HTML</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> 	href="http://dug.net.pl/~azhag/debiandoc/debian-instalacja-konfiguracja.txt";>plain text</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> 	href="http://dug.net.pl/~azhag/debiandoc/debian-instalacja-konfiguracja.pdf";>PDF</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> 	href="http://dug.net.pl/~azhag/debiandoc/debian-instalacja-konfiguracja.ps";>PS</a>]
>       </li>
> # Superseeded by Debian Reference

I'm not going to correct the fossil sections.

> #      <li>
> #	<strong>Debian Quick Reference</strong>&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/quick-reference/index.pl.html">HTML</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/quick-reference/quick-reference.pl.txt">plain text</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/quick-reference/quick-reference.pl.pdf">PDF</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> #	href="../../doc/manuals/quick-reference/quick-reference.pl.ps">PS</a>] &mdash;
> #	the concise user handbook
> #      </li>
>       <li>
> 	<strong>Debian Reference</strong>&nbsp;[<a
> 	href="../../doc/manuals/reference/index.pl.html">HTML</a>]&nbsp;[<a
> 	href="../../doc/manuals/reference/debian-reference.pl.txt">plain text</a>]
> 	&mdash;  the most comprehensive user manual
>       </li>
>         href="../../doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.pl.html">HTML</a>]&nbsp;[<a
>         href="../../doc/manuals/apt-howto/apt-howto.pl.txt">plain text</a>]&nbsp;[<a
>         href="../../doc/manuals/apt-howto/apt-howto.pl.pdf">PDF</a>]&nbsp;[<a
>         href="../../doc/manuals/apt-howto/apt-howto.pl.ps">PS</a>] &mdash;
>         the short handbook about the Debian packages management utility, APT

That's "package management".  This document claims to be obsolete.

>       </li>
>         href="../../doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.pl.html">HTML</a>]&nbsp;[<a
>         href="../../doc/manuals/maint-guide/maint-guide.pl.txt">plain text</a>]&nbsp;[<a
>         href="../../doc/manuals/maint-guide/maint-guide.pl.pdf">PDF</a>]&nbsp;[<a
>         href="../../doc/manuals/maint-guide/maint-guide.pl.ps">PS</a>] &mdash; how to
> 	create packages in the <q>deb</q> format
>       </li>
>     </ul>
>   </li>
>   <li>Books
>     <ul>
> 	<li><a href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_linux_system_operacyjny_dla_kazdego_pierwsze_starcie_sylwester_zdanowski,delips.htm";>  Debian Linux. System operacyjny dla kazdego. Pierwsze starcie</a>

Well, that's not much of a translation!  And possibly not much of a
book, if they don't know enough about Debian to call it GNU/Linux.
But:
	[...]>Debian Linux. The universal operating system. First steps</a>

(Google Translate manages to get really confused on this one -
apparently "Pierwsze starcie" means "the First Avenger"!  They've
managed to turn their babelfish into an automated product placement
engine.)

>       <li> <a href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_gnu_linux_3_1_biblia_benjamin_mako_hill_david_b_harris_jaldhar_vyas,de3bib.htm";>Debian
>       GNU/Linux 3.1. Biblia</a></li>

s/Biblia/Bible/ - that was its original title in English.

>       <li> <a href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_gnu_linux_bill_mccarty,dlindk.htm";>Debian
>       GNU/Linux</a></li>

Original English title: "Learning Debian GNU/Linux".  But this one was
published while Slink was stable!  I wish I'd bought it then.

>       <li><a href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_linux_ksiega_eksperta_mario_camou_john_goerzen_aaron_van_couwenberghe,dlinke.htm";>Debian
>       Linux. Ksiega eksperta</a></li>

Original English title: "Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed".  Slink
again!  That's a century ago in dog years.

>       <li><a href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_linux_cwiczenia_lukasz_kolodziej,cwdlin.htm";>Debian
>       Linux. Cwiczenia</a></li>

"Debian Linux.  Exercises".  Only a decade out of date.

>     </ul>
>   <li>Websites
>     <ul>
>         collection of good articles, FAQs, links</li>
>       <li><a href="https://wiki.debian.org/FrontPagePolish";>Polish pages
> 	      on the official project Wiki</a> &mdash; you can also co-create Debian
> 	  or read what others have written</li>
> 	&mdash; concise encyclopedic information</li>
> 	&mdash; comparison of different Linux distributions</li>
> 	&mdash; Polish Linux site, it describes different distributions</li>
>     </ul>
>   </li>
> </ul>

A sudden outbreak of nothing-for-me-to-do-here.

> <h2>Where to look for help in Polish language</h2>

It's always either "in _the_ Polish language" or (much more usually)
"in Polish".

> <ul>
>   <li>Forums
>     <ul>
> 	is at the moment probably the place of greatest activity of Debian
> 	users. On the forum you can find lot of advice, documents and discussions
> 	about present Debian editions.</li>

This one needs some work:

        [...]>The Polish Debian Users Forum</a> is nowadays probably
	the most active site for Debian users. On the forum you can
	find a wealth of tips, documents and discussions about current
	versions of Debian.

(Has anyone checked whether that's still true?)

> 	&mdash; also a very active forum for more advanced users</li>
>     </ul>
>   </li>
>   <li>News groups

These days you usually have to say "Usenet newsgroups" or people who
have never heard of those will assume you mean RSS news-aggregators.

>     <ul>
> 	&mdash; less traffic, which can be regarded as an advantage or disadvantage.</li>
>     </ul>
>   </li>
>   <li>
>     for Polish users</a> &mdash; you can subscribe or send e-mail to the address
>     <email debian-user-polish@lists.debian.org />. (It can be also viewed via
>     mail2news gateways, e.g. <code>news.amu.edu.pl</code>; you can write
>     through such gateway if you subscribed to the list
>     <email linux-gate@lists.bofh.it />)

Make that
      through such a gateway if you are subscribed to the list

>   </li>
>   <li>IRC channels
>     <ul>
>       <li><a href="irc://irc.pl/debian.linux.pl">#debian.linux.pl on
>       IRCNet</a></li>
>       DUG channel</li>
>     </ul>
>   </li>
> </ul>

One untranslated "na".

>   There are several other Polish sites about Debian, but they haven't been
>   updated for some time.
>
> <h2><a name="polonizacja">Translating Debian to Polish</a></h2>

>   Information about translated packages and Debian web pages are available
>   pages</a>.</p>

Information is only one thing, no matter how many things it's about, so
                                                               is available

>   href="https://wiki.debian.org/WordlistPolish";>word list</a> when translating
>   Debian-related resources.</p>
>   If you would like to help with translation (e.g. installation messages,
>   package descriptions, program interfaces, WWW pages like this one,
>   documentation etc.) or if you have another idea what could be placed on this
>   or other Debian pages, send an e-mail on the <email debian-l10n-polish@lists.debian.org>
>   list.

"Another idea for something that [...]"

>   Formerly a lot of work was put in the

s/in/into/

>   (PDDP)</a>, but it seems to be inactive these days.
>
> <h2>Projects on translations</h2>

Aren't these just "translation projects"?

> <small>The following description was prepared by end of 2013</small>

Make that "at the end of".

> <strong>Installer (debian-installer, d-i)</strong>
> <ul>
>  <li>Coverage: Debian + partial derivatives</li>

"Coverage" tends to be used to mean "how much has been done so far";
if you mean "how much we intend to try to do" then I'd suggest
"Scope".  And what's a partial derivative?  Does it mean "and
derivatives (partially)"?

>  <li>Translations format: gettext (pliki PO)</li>

   <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files)</li>

>  <li>Making changes: directly in svn / debian-l10n-polish@</li>

I suppose if I'm really picky,
   <li>Making changes: directly in SVN/debian-l10n-polish@</li>
but I won't bother.

>  <li>Repository: <a href="http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/packages/po/";>http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/packages/po/</a>></li>

Excess >

> </ul>

>  The Debian Installer is now fully translated. The whole require viewing at
>  least in terms of style, but overall is pretty good.

   The Debian Installer is now fully translated. It all needs to be reviewed at
   least for style, but is pretty good overall.

>  These translation need to keep an eye on, against the impending new release
>  Debian, because package maintainers tend to make changes in
>  English messages in the last minute.

An exotic mediopassive contortion.  How about:

   These translation need an eye kept on them, with the new Debian
   release impending, because package maintainers tend to make changes
   in English messages at the last minute.

> <strong>WWW pages</strong>
> <ul>
>  <li>Coverage: Debian</li>
>  <li>Translations format: WML</li>

Here and everywhere below
   <li>Scope: Debian</li>
   <li>Translation format:

>  <li>Making changes: directly in svn / debian-l10n-polish@</li>
>  <li>Repository: <a href="http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/polish/";>http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/polish/</a></li>
> </ul>
>  The main Debian web pages are translated, the part is slightly outdated.
>  Recently, the situation began to improve. It is not worst, though
>  would do well to translate at least a few important pages.

   The main Debian web pages are translated, some are slightly outdated.
   The situation has begun to improve recently. It is not bad, though
   it could do with having at least a few important pages translated.

> <strong>Debconf templates</strong>
> <ul>
>  <li>Coverage: Debian + derivatives</li>
>  <li>Translations format: gettext (PO files)</li>
>  <li>Making changes: bugs reports</li>
>  <li>Statistics: <a href="https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/pl";>https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/pl</a></li>
> </ul>
>  Currently translated is approx. 60% debconf templates. New templates
>  are usually translated on the fly, but there is still a lot of older
>  templates, which also would be fitting to translate.

"On the fly" would imply that debconf has a machine translation
module to convert templates for the appropriate locale.

   Currently about 60% of debconf templates are translated. New templates
   are usually translated as they turn up, but there are still a lot of
   older templates which it would also be appropriate to translate.

("A lot" is singular but treated as plural for agreement.)

>  Debconf templates are those windows that appear sometimes
>  when installation / upgrade package or call dpkg-reconfigure.
>  Descriptions for translations are usually very short, although
>  some are difficult to translations without knowledge of the
>  specifics of the package. Appropriate notice of the upcoming
>  new version of templates are announced on the debian-i18n
>  mailing lists, and the translated template must be send as
>  bug reports against this package with wishlist priority.

Is "wrzutce" the Polish for "TAF"?  (Not that we exactly have an
English equivalent of that...)

  Debconf templates are those windows that appear sometimes
  when you install/upgrade a package or call dpkg-reconfigure.
  Descriptions for translation are usually very short, although
  some are difficult to translate without knowing the specifics
  of the package. Appropriate notice of an upcoming new version of the
  templates is sent out on the debian-i18n mailing lists, and the
  translated template must then be sent as a bug report against this
  package with wishlist priority.

> <strong>Manpages</strong>
>  <ul>
>   <li>debian:

>    <ul>
>     <li>Coverage: Debian</li>
>     <li>Translations format: gettext (PO files)</li>
>     <li>Making changes: bugs reports</li>
>    </ul>
>     Translated a lot of manpages (mainly releated to packages: dpkg, apt,
>     aptitude, etc.). There are no major deficiencies.
>   </li>

      A lot of manuals are translated (mainly related to the packages
      dpkg, apt, aptitude, etc.).

>   <li>other (manpages-pl package):
>    <ul>
>     <li>Coverage: GNU/Linux</li>
>     <li>Translations format: gettext (PO files)</li>
>     <li>Making changes: directly in git manpages-pl-list@lists.sourceforge.net</li>
                                         ^
Should that have a slash meaning "or" here?

>     <li>Repository:
>      <ul>
>       <li>via WWW: <a href="http://sourceforge.net/p/manpages-pl/code/ci/master/tree/";>http://sourceforge.net/p/manpages-pl/code/ci/master/tree/</a></li>
>       <li>via git: git://git.code.sf.net/p/manpages-pl/code</li>
>      </ul>
>     </li>
>    </ul>
>   </li>
> </ul>

>  Manuals with packages such as coreutils (rm, cat, etc.), util-linux
>  (dmesg, mkfs, etc.), manpages (proc, hosts, etc.) and others
>  (sed, bash, etc.) are translated in the manpages-pl project, which
>  accepts every willing soul who will want to reduce even one piece
>  nearly 700 completely outdated manual pages waiting for his
>  day of glory :-). At the moment the translation of manpages-pl
>  also get at least to Fedora and Arch Linux (and, of course,
>  Ubuntu and other Debian derivatives).

You've got an unnecessary use of masculine there (not to mention
some blatant discrimination against soulless translators).

                                [...] the manpages-pl project, which
   accepts every willing soul who wants to reduce even by one the
   list of nearly 700 completely outdated manual pages waiting for that
   volunteer's day of glory :-). Currently the translation of manpages-pl
   also goes at least to Fedora and Arch Linux (and, of course,
   Ubuntu and other Debian derivatives).

> <h2>Programs</h2>
> <ul>
>  <li>debian:
>   <ul>
>    <li>Coverage: Debian + derivatives</li>
>    <li>Translations format: gettext (PO files)</li>
>    <li>Making changes: bugs reports</li>
>   </ul>
>    Currently most of the Debian's programs are translated (mainly releated
>    packages: dpkg, apt, aptitude etc.). There are no major deficencies.
>  </li>

s/of the Debian's/Debian/?  Hang on, though - how is this different
from the last time you said this (with the same typo in "related")?
And surely having "dpkg, apt, aptitude etc" translated is nowhere near
"most"?

Oh, wait - is this talking about packages for which Debian is the
upstream?  If so it needs to be a lot clearer.  For now:

     Currently most Debian programs are translated (mainly related to
     the packages dpkg, apt, aptitude etc.). There are no major deficencies.

>  <li>other
>   <ul>
>    <li>Coverage: *nix</li>
>    <li>Translations format: generally gettext (PO files)</li>
>    <li>Making changes: differently (sources projects)</li>

     <li>Making changes: various (source projects)</li>

>   </ul>
>    Programs outside of Debian (include KDE, Gnome, etc) are translated in
>    sources projects, where the situation is different. Although these packages
>    appear statistics translations to be done, it is not carried out within Debian!.
>  </li>
> </ul>

     Programs from projects outside of Debian (including KDE, Gnome,
     etc) are translated in the source projects, where the situation
     is different. Although these packages appear in the statistics of
     translations to be done, it is not carried out within Debian!

> <h2>Different documentation, guides, how-to itp. (DDP)</h2>

      Miscellaneous documentation, guides, ITP HOW-TO, etc. (DDP)

> <ul>
>  <li>Coverage: Debian</li>
>  <li>Translations format: gettext (PO files) / docbook</li>
>  <li>Making changes: directly in svn / bugs reports</li>
                                         bug
> </ul>
>  At present the current translation is the release notes and some minor.
>  Most, however, lies and squeals. These translations are very extensive,
>  so translate ie. Installation Guide, require commitment of at least
>  3-5 people.

Is "leży i kwiczy" an idiom, or a cultural reference, or what?

   At present the translations for the release notes and some minor
   items are current. However, most are in a sorry state. These
   documents for translation are very extensive, so translating (for
   instance) the Installation Guide requires the involvement of at least
   3-5 people.

>  It should be noted that the original versions of the manuals also tend to be
>  slightly neglected.
>
> <h2>Package descriptions (DDTP)</h2>
> <ul>
>  <li>Coverage: Debian + Ubuntu</li>
>  <li>Translations format: HTML form</li>
                  X              format (no, just say "HTML")
>  <li>Documentation:
>   <ul>
>   </ul>
>  </li>
> </ul>
>  The most important package descriptions are now translated, but still
>  come new, so you have watch on a regular basis.  It is useful even sporadic
>  activity, since each description must be approved by the two others persons.

   The most important package descriptions are now translated, but new
   ones are still coming, so you have watch on a regular basis. Even sporadic
   activity is useful, since each description must be approved by two other
   people.

>  Translation package descriptions is the simplest method for translation
>  in Debian (at least you do not have experience with translating PO files).
>  Unfortunately - the endless odyssey server located in Spain, in
>  Extremadura, cause frequent and unfortunately sometimes
>  a few weeks failures the entire infrastructure.

   Translating package descriptions is the simplest way of doing translation
   in Debian (at least if you do not have experience with translating PO files).
   Unfortunately, the endless saga of the server located in Spain, in
   Extremadura, causes frequent failures of the entire infrastructure that
   unfortunately sometimes last for weeks.

>  Special care require package descriptions taks-* because they show in Debian
>  installer.

Backward ran sentences until reeled the mind.

   Task-* package descriptions require special care because they show
   up in the Debian Installer.

> <h2>News</h2>
> <ul>
>  <li>Coverage: Debian</li>
>  <li>Translations format: WML</li>
>  <li>Making changes: directly in svn / debian-publicity@</li>
> </ul>
>  News are not translated into Polish and probably rightly so, because
>  it is beyond of our capabilities at the moment. Occasionally appear
>  only translations such information as about new Debian release.
>  This section probably is currently the least important.

   News is not translated into Polish, and probably rightly so, because
   it is beyond our capabilities at the moment. Occasionally
   translations appear only for information such as a new Debian release.
   This section probably is currently the least important.

> <h2>explanation</h2>

>  Explanation: by &quot;making changes&quot; we mean a place where
>  you can apply change or list, on which you can send the file with  finished
>  translation. All Debian lists are available at list.debian.org, so entry such
>  &quot;debian-l10n-polish@&quot; means a debian-l10n-polish@lists.debian.org.
>  &quot;Bugs reports&quot; means send mail with relevant context to the
>  address submit@bugs.debian.org (more information at

   Explanation: by &quot;making changes&quot; we mean a place where
   you can apply changes, or a list where you can send the finished
   translation file. All Debian lists are available at list.debian.org, so
   an entry such as &quot;debian-l10n-polish@&quot; means
   debian-l10n-polish@lists.debian.org. &quot;Bug reports&quot; means
   to send a mail with relevant context to the address
   submit@bugs.debian.org (more information at

>  <strong>Note:</strong> Some of the links can be found on page
>  &quot;Central Debian translation statistics&quot; at

   <strong>Note:</strong> some links can be found on the page
   &quot;Central Debian translation statistics&quot; at

#use wml::debian::template title="Debian in Polish"
#use wml::debian::translation-check translation="1.40" original="polish"

#  Thanks for skotik87 and andrzejh for translation and check.

  Debian is also available in Polish. Starting from system
  installation, to system messages and the user interfaces of most
  widely used applications, and ending with the documentation.
  Obviously, there are many things still to be done, but probably even
  now you can use Debian without knowing English.
  Furthermore, there is a strong Debian user community in Poland, visible through
[...]

        the short handbook about the Debian package management utility, APT
[...]
      GNU/Linux 3.1. Bible</a></li>
      <li> <a href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_gnu_linux_bill_mccarty,dlindk.htm";>Learning
      Debian GNU/Linux</a></li>
      <li><a href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_linux_ksiega_eksperta_mario_camou_john_goerzen_aaron_van_couwenberghe,dlinke.htm";>Debian
      GNU/Linux 2.1 Unleashed</a></li>
      <li><a
      href="http://helion.pl/ksiazki/debian_linux_cwiczenia_lukasz_kolodziej,cwdlin.htm";>Debian GNU/Linux. Exercises</a></li>
    </ul>
  <li>Websites
    <ul>
        collection of good articles, FAQs, links</li>
      <li><a href="https://wiki.debian.org/FrontPagePolish";>Polish pages
	      on the official project Wiki</a> &mdash; you can also co-create Debian
	  or read what others have written</li>
	&mdash; concise encyclopedic information</li>
	&mdash; comparison of different Linux distributions</li>
	&mdash; Polish Linux site, it describes different distributions</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
</ul>

<h2>Where to look for help in Polish</h2>

<ul>
  <li>Forums
    <ul>
	is nowadays probably the most active site for Debian
	users. On the forum you can find a wealth of tips, documents and discussions
	about current versions of Debian.</li>
	&mdash; also a very active forum for more advanced users</li>
    </ul>
  </li>
  <li>Usenet newsgroups
[...]

  Information about translated packages and Debian web pages is available
  pages</a>.</p>
  href="https://wiki.debian.org/WordlistPolish";>word list</a> when translating
  Debian-related resources.</p>
  If you would like to help with translation (e.g. installation messages,
  package descriptions, program interfaces, WWW pages like this one,
  documentation etc.) or if you have another idea for something that could be placed on this
  or other Debian pages, send an e-mail on the <email debian-l10n-polish@lists.debian.org>
  list.
  Formerly a lot of work was put into the
  (PDDP)</a>, but it seems to be inactive these days.

<h2>Translation projects</h2>
<small>The following description was prepared at the end of 2013</small>

<strong>Installer (debian-installer, d-i)</strong>
<ul>
 <li>Scope: Debian + partial derivatives</li>
 <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files)</li>
 <li>Making changes: directly in svn / debian-l10n-polish@</li>
 <li>Repository: <a href="http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/packages/po/";>http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/packages/po/</a></li>
</ul>

 The Debian Installer is now fully translated. It all needs to be reviewed at
 least for style, but is pretty good overall.
 These translation need an eye kept on them, with the new Debian
 release impending, because package maintainers tend to make changes in
 English messages at the last minute.

<strong>WWW pages</strong>
<ul>
 <li>Scope: Debian</li>
 <li>Translation format: WML</li>
 <li>Making changes: directly in svn / debian-l10n-polish@</li>
 <li>Repository: <a href="http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/polish/";>http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/polish/</a></li>
</ul>
 The main Debian web pages are translated, some are slightly outdated.
 The situation has begun to improve recently. It is not bad, though
 it could do with having at least a few important pages translated.

<strong>Debconf templates</strong>
<ul>
 <li>Scope: Debian + derivatives</li>
 <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files)</li>
 <li>Making changes: bugs reports</li>
 <li>Statistics: <a href="https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/pl";>https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/pl</a></li>
</ul>
 Currently about 60% of debconf templates are translated. New templates
 are usually translated as they turn up, but there are still a lot of
 older templates which it would also be appropriate to translate.
 Debconf templates are those windows that appear sometimes
 when you install/upgrade a package or call dpkg-reconfigure.
 Descriptions for translation are usually very short, although
 some are difficult to translate without knowing the specifics
 of the package. Appropriate notice of an upcoming new version of the
 templates is sent out on the debian-i18n mailing lists, and the
 translated template must then be send as a bug report against this
 package with wishlist priority.

<strong>Manpages</strong>
 <ul>
  <li>Debian:
   <ul>
    <li>Scope: Debian</li>
    <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files)</li>
    <li>Making changes: bugs reports</li>
   </ul>
    A lot of manpages are translated (mainly related to the packages dpkg, apt,
    aptitude, etc.). There are no major deficiencies.
  </li>
  <li>other (manpages-pl package):
   <ul>
    <li>Scope: GNU/Linux</li>
    <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files)</li>
    <li>Making changes: directly in git manpages-pl-list@lists.sourceforge.net</li>
    <li>Repository:
     <ul>
      <li>via WWW: <a href="http://sourceforge.net/p/manpages-pl/code/ci/master/tree/";>http://sourceforge.net/p/manpages-pl/code/ci/master/tree/</a></li>
      <li>via git: git://git.code.sf.net/p/manpages-pl/code</li>
     </ul>
    </li>
   </ul>
  </li>
</ul>

 Manuals with packages such as coreutils (rm, cat, etc.), util-linux
 (dmesg, mkfs, etc.), manpages (proc, hosts, etc.) and others
 (sed, bash, etc.) are translated in the manpages-pl project, which
 accepts every willing soul who will want to reduce even by one the
 nearly 700 completely outdated manual pages waiting for that
 volunteer's day of glory :-). Currently the translation of manpages-pl
 also goes at least to Fedora and Arch Linux (and, of course,
 Ubuntu and other Debian derivatives).

<h2>Programs</h2>
<ul>
 <li>Debian:
  <ul>
   <li>Scope: Debian + derivatives</li>
   <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files)</li>
   <li>Making changes: bugs reports</li>
  </ul>
   Currently most Debian programs are translated (mainly related to
   the packages dpkg, apt, aptitude etc.). There are no major deficencies.
 </li>
 <li>other
  <ul>
   <li>Scope: *nix</li>
   <li>Translation format: generally gettext (PO files)</li>
   <li>Making changes: various (source projects)</li>
  </ul>
   Programs from projects outside of Debian (including KDE, Gnome,
   etc) are translated in the source projects, where the situation
   is different. Although these packages appear in the statistics of
   translations to be done, it is not carried out within Debian!
 </li>
</ul>

<h2>Miscellaneous documentation, guides, ITP HOW-TO, etc. (DDP)</h2>
<ul>
 <li>Scope: Debian</li>
 <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files) / docbook</li>
 <li>Making changes: directly in svn / bug reports</li>
</ul>
 At present the translations for the release notes and some minor
 items are current. However, most are in a sorry state. These
 documents for translation are very extensive, so translating (for
 instance) the Installation Guide requires the involvement of at least
 3-5 people.
 It should be noted that the original versions of the manuals also tend to be
 slightly neglected.

<h2>Package descriptions (DDTP)</h2>
<ul>
 <li>Scope: Debian + Ubuntu</li>
 <li>Translation format: HTML</li>
 <li>Documentation:
  <ul>
  </ul>
 </li>
</ul>
[...]

 <strong>Note:</strong> some links can be found on page
 &quot;Central Debian translation statistics&quot; at
--- index.wml.old	2014-08-22 11:01:29.956144434 +0100
+++ index.wml.new	2014-08-22 16:01:14.744223974 +0100
@@ -4,16 +4,16 @@
 #  Thanks for skotik87 and andrzejh for translation and check.

-  Debian is accessible in Polish language too. From installation
-  of the system, to the user interface of the majority of popular programs
-  and the system messages to the documentation. Obviously, there are

@@ -62,7 +62,7 @@
@@ -75,15 +75,17 @@
[...]
@@ -104,20 +106,20 @@
   </li>
 </ul>

-<h2>Where to look for help in Polish language</h2>
+<h2>Where to look for help in Polish</h2>

 <ul>
   <li>Forums
     <ul>
-	is at the moment probably the place of greatest activity of Debian
-	users. On the forum you can find lot of advice, documents and discussions
-	about present Debian editions.</li>
+	is nowadays probably the most active site for Debian
+	users. On the forum you can find a wealth of tips, documents and discussions
+	about current versions of Debian.</li>
 	&mdash; also a very active forum for more advanced users</li>
     </ul>
   </li>
-  <li>News groups
+  <li>Usenet newsgroups
     <ul>
@@ -129,7 +131,7 @@
@@ -137,7 +139,7 @@
@@ -151,7 +153,7 @@

@@ -160,95 +162,95 @@
   If you would like to help with translation (e.g. installation messages,
   package descriptions, program interfaces, WWW pages like this one,
-  documentation etc.) or if you have another idea what could be placed on this
+  documentation etc.) or if you have another idea for something that could be placed on this
   or other Debian pages, send an e-mail on the <email debian-l10n-polish@lists.debian.org>
   list.
-  Formerly a lot of work was put in the
+  Formerly a lot of work was put into the
   (PDDP)</a>, but it seems to be inactive these days.

-<h2>Projects on translations</h2>
+<h2>Translation projects</h2>
[...]

+  <li>Debian:
    <ul>
-    <li>Coverage: Debian</li>
-    <li>Translations format: gettext (PO files)</li>
+    <li>Scope: Debian</li>
+    <li>Translation format: gettext (PO files)</li>
     <li>Making changes: bugs reports</li>
    </ul>
-    Translated a lot of manpages (mainly releated to packages: dpkg, apt,
+    A lot of manpages are translated (mainly related to the packages dpkg, apt,
     aptitude, etc.). There are no major deficiencies.
   </li>
   <li>other (manpages-pl package):
    <ul>
-    <li>Coverage: GNU/Linux</li>
-    <li>Translations format: gettext (PO files)</li>
+    <li>Scope: GNU/Linux</li>
@@ -262,52 +264,54 @@

@@ -317,8 +321,8 @@

@@ -329,48 +333,50 @@
[...]