Re: grub2 2.02~beta2-18: Please update debconf PO translation for the package grub2

On Fri, 2014-12-12 at 13:37 +0000, Justin B Rye wrote:
> Ian Campbell wrote:
> >>
> >> After doing some research I can guess "EFI removable path" is actually
> >> "EFI removable media path". Shouldn't this be changed in English as
> >> well?
> >
> > Perhaps.
> >
> > CCing Sledge and Kibi (who IIRC had a related EFI terminology question)
> > + debian-boot.
>
> Don't forget it's also in the short description:

> But what exactly does "force extra installation" mean here?  If it's
> just a slightly abbreviated way of saying "force AN extra
> installation of GRUB", the version in the long description ought to
> spell it out.
>
> And while I'm here, I'd reverse the uses of "make sure" and "ensure",
> and switch an "it" with a "this".

All good points.

I'm not sure what to do though, they seem relatively minor and we are
frozen + the call for translations has already been sent. I'm not sure
it's worth restarting all that at this point for these issues.

At the moment I'm inclined to leave this until either Stretch or if
there is some other critical freeze-exception-worthy change to be made.
Anyone disagree?

My main take away lesson here is that I should insist all new debconf
templates go through the debian-l10-english review process first...

Ian.