Re: Help with control file

Nandaja Varma wrote:
> I am packaging ruby-jnunemaker-matchy right now. I am facing real
> difficulty with the description of the gem as the description in
> upstream is little. I have made it as jargon free as I can. If someone
> would go through the description and help me out in making it better,
> it would be really helpful. My description is as follows:

> in Test::Unit

Well, for a start that's too long, and the obvious part to drop is the
information that's implied by the package name: the fact it's a Ruby
library.

The fact it's clearly signposted as being for Ruby developers, not
random end-users, does mean you can get away with using jargon.
Unfortunately as a non-Rubyist myself I may not be able to help very
much.  I have no idea what RSpec-esque means; I'm not sure what a
matcher is; and I'm surprised that nothing in the description gives
any hint at what a jnunemaker is.  Oh, after looking them all up I can
at least understand the third one: J Nunemaker is the author.

>  Matchy provides a sophisticated (rspec-like) matcher system for
>  Ruby testing frameworks. It supports behavior driven approach in
>  the tests. Writing assertions can be avoided using matchy.
>  RSpec can be used without any over head.

Yes, that's not doing very well at putting the spotlight on its
biggest selling points.  For instance, it makes it sound as if
Behaviour-Driven Development is just one of the things it supports,
rather than a basic assumption it works within.  Making a few guesses
I'd suggest something like:

   Matchy provides a sophisticated matcher system for developing Ruby
   testing frameworks in an RSpec-like behavior-driven style, which
   eliminates the overhead of writing assertions.